Wednesday 22 April 2015

My Way of Norway

Welcome to Norway!



Ever since I discovered all these affordable alternatives to hotels like couchsurfing, Norway has been one of those curious places that I wanted to visit. I always associate Norway with extremely high prices, reindeers and cold, windy weather, especially in the coastal areas. I was very surprised when I had to take my jacket off because the weather was awesome!

The main spoken language in Norway is Norwegian but you can easily communicate in English which makes the travel a great experience . Without a shame of doubt, Norway’s biggest tourist attraction is the nature, especially breath-taking fjords. They can be found along the whole length of the coastline and the view out of the airplane’s window was amazing.

One of those experience that made my heart rate speed up was a trip to Preikestolen also known as "The Pulpit Rock”. It 's a steep cliff that hangs 604 meters above sea level. I went there with people who I meet through couchsurfing. We slept in the mountain, sang songs around the fireplace at night and admired sunrise from the cliff! We had a lot of fun together! The adventure like this was the one that I had always dreamed of.





It was the most memorable time I've ever spent in my life! Next stop – Oslo.

1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing! I've been to Norway, but mostly on the road (beautiful enough, let me add). I can imagine this experience will be difficult to beat in years to come.

    ReplyDelete